Sunday, October 30, 2011

-169- Fall Festivities


My mom always used to make chili on Halloween. It was such a cozy tradition that I decided to continue it in my own home. However, since Halloween (tomorrow) is a weekday, I decided it would be easier to bump up the meal to tonight.

I got the "recipe" from my mom. The reason I say "recipe" is because it's not much of a recipe - it's more like a list of ingredients. Everything is to taste! I was nervous to make it because there weren't exact measurements for the spices and everything else, but it actually turned out really well. Oh, and I used my slow cooker for the first time, too!

It sure was delicious! Along with some cheese (of course) and a cornbread muffin, I felt like this was the perfect autumn evening meal.

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! That looks quite tasty. And the cheese is necessary, of course.

    Also, that plate in the background looks kind of large for that muffin. Haha.

    ReplyDelete